Signalment & History
- Presumed 2-year-old
- Spayed female
- Retriever mix
- Rescue; Diet: Purina Pro Plan; HW Preventive: compliant; Flea/Tick Preventive: compliant; Fecal/Parasite Exam and Tx: up to date
- Had Embark done soon after being rescued
- Owner reported that she went running outside this morning, yelped, and was suddenly unable to use her pelvic limbs.
- Type I intervertebral disc disease (IVDD)
- Fibrocartilaginous embolic myelopathy (FCE)
- Spinal trauma
- Vascular event
- Inflammatory myelopathy
- Temp: 101.2 F; Pulse: 130 bpm; Respiration: 36/min; MM: pink/moist CRT: 2 sec; BCS: 7/9; Eyes: wnl; Ears: wnl; Mouth: wnl; LN’s: wnl; Cardio: wnl; Resp: wnl; Abd: wnl; GI: wnl; MS: ambulatory paraparesis; Neuro: paralysis of pelvic limbs, loss of proprioception of the pelvic limbs, deep pain negative, pain on spinal palpation. No motor function of the pelvic limbs.
* Embark is not necessarily affiliated with any of these websites or references, and does not necessarily endorse their content.