What does Embark test for in Chihuahuas?
Genetic health tests offered by Embark for Chihuahuas:
- Congenital Macrothrombocytopenia (TUBB1 Exon 1, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Variant)
- Degenerative Myelopathy, DM (SOD1A)
- Chondrodystrophy and Intervertebral Disc Disease, CDDY/IVDD, Type I IVDD (FGF4 retrogene – CFA12)
- Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinosis (MFSD8)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy – crd4/cord1 (RPGRIP1)
- Progressive Retinal Atrophy, prcd (PRCD Exon 1)
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia with Myokymia and/or Seizures (KCNJ10)
Learn more about these health conditions on our health page.
Presentation explores COI, factors to consider when making breeding choices, and other expert advice.
Did you know?
Embark provides free educational presentations for breed club organizations. If you’re interested in having Embark for Breeders host a Facebook Live Presentation for your breed club/canine organization, please fill out this request form.